NIRI-Houston 2012-2013 board members profile feature #5 is Vice President Special Events & Programming, Sydney Isaacs. Read below for more on what Sydney deems inspiring and why she likes NIRI and Houston.
- What’s your favorite vacation spot?
Hiking in Montana
- What’s your favorite dessert or type of food?
I love tacos, and it isn’t that exciting but I absolutely love salads.
- What inspires you?
My parents inspire me for always seeking a chance to learn, not being afraid to be entrepreneurial, and giving so much back to their community.
- Describe yourself in a single sentence?
Every day I think I won the lottery because I have a job I love and supportive and fun family and friends. And my dog, Stanley.
- Would you rather be known as a famous leader or a famous inventor?
Inventor, so long as it is something really cool.
- Would you rather talk like Yoda or breathe like Darth Vader?
Yikes, I don’t know who Yoda is but I don’t like Darth Vader’s breathing, so Yoda it is!
- What’s your favorite thing about Houston?
So much to do – museums, opera, theaters, swimming in the summer… And of course rodeo!
- How long have you been a NIRI member?
I was a member in the LA chapter and have been in the Houston chapter for two years.
- How long have you served on the NIRI board?
This is my first year!
- Why did you decide to join the NIRI board?
I really enjoy working with the other great board members.
- What’s the biggest benefit that NIRI gives you?
Getting the inside view of trends in the IR profession.
- What came first: the chicken or the egg?
You have to have a chicken to lay an egg, duh!
Sydney’s Logistics and Contact Information:
NIRI BOARD POSITION: Vice President Special Events & Programming
COMPANY NAME: The Abernathy MacGregor Group
COMPANY TITLE: Senior Vice President
View Past Weeks Featured Profiles:
- Week One: President: Bethany Andell
- Week Two: Board Administrator: Ann Tanabe
- Week Three: Past President: Scott Winters
- Week Four: Vice President Membership, Hope Novosad