All NIRI Houston Chapter members and their families and friends are invited to volunteer at the Houston Food Bank on April 22nd. The Chapter will be participating in Comcast Cares Day. For every volunteer, Comcast will donate money to the Houston Food Bank. Last year, it was $15 per volunteer. This is a great way to double your impact on the community. Please note that all volunteers will need to wear a Comcast shirt. Comcast will be providing shirts to wear that morning and they will have kid sizes as well.
As this event is a city-wide event through the Houston Food Bank, please be sure to register in advance to save your spot in line by clicking on Register. The minimum age requirement is 6 years old. Also, the Houston Food Bank requires at least 1 adult chaperone per 10 minors. You will also need to complete a Houston Food Bank waiver to volunteer with us. Those forms are linked below. It will speed up the check in process if you bring in a completed copy with you.
If you have any questions, please contact Kim Pinyopusarerk at 713-358-6430 or email@example.com.
You can register yourself, your family and friends at the Comcast Cares Day website by following the instructions below:
- Please click the Register button above or visit https://www.comcastinthecommunity.com/Project/Detail?projectId=8628
- Click on “Contractor/Guest Login” at the top right to register for the event
- You will have to log in using either Facebook or Google+
- On the registration page, please select your shirt size
- For “Who invited you to this project?”, please select “Organization” and type in “Houston Food Bank” DO NOT TYPE IN NIRI HOUSTON. We’d like the Houston Food Bank to receive full credit for our participation so that they get the benefit of Comcast’s monetary donation.
- Agree to the “Project Liability and Media Release”
- Click “Continue”
- The final screen allows you to “ADD A GUEST” to join you or “INVITE A VOLUNTEER” to invite your group members to register.
If you are registering a large number of friends and family, please confirm that your registration went through by contacting Misha McClure at 713-637-5282 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note every volunteer who plans to attend, needs to reserve their spot online by
1) Registering online by following the instructions above, or
2) By being invited by a registered volunteer through email, or
3) By being added online by a registered volunteer. If a volunteer is added, he or she will need to submit a Comcast waiver as well. Please see attachment above.