The Southwest Conference
The Texas Chapters hosts a Southwest Regional Conference each year – usually in August or September. The conference agenda normally includes a range of panels, discussions and workshops based on current industry and top of mind IR topics. This is an incredible educational opportunity as well as networking venue to meet Investor Relations professionals from across the southwest region.
Monthly Luncheon Series
Luncheons are held from September – May of each year. The luncheons feature a variety of different professional speakers that address topics of interest to the IR profession. Past speakers have included:
- Chris Rowley, Financial Advisor
- Damien Park: Managing Partner, Hedge Fund Solutions
- Smooch Reynolds: CEO of The Repovich-Reynolds Group
- Jeff Braun: President of Crucial Communcations Group
- Jeff Morgan: President of NIRI National
- John Vogt: VP of Investor Analytics at Nasdaq OMX
- Brian Rivel: President of Rivel Research Group
- Craig Wasserman: Wasserman-Katz
- Gary Flaharty: Director of IR at Baker Hughes
- Robin Tooms: Principal and Brand Director of Savage
N3 – The NIRI Neighborhood Network
N3 is a networking happy hour event hosted by the NIRI-Houston Chapter. There is no set agenda, no formal speakers, and no official presentations – just a chance for you to get together with your NIRI friends and make new professional contacts in your own part of town.
When the opportunity arises, NIRI-Houston hosts workshops to further our members’ professional development. In the past, workshops have covered a variety of subjects including valuation, writing and Annual Report best practices.